Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane . . .

Journey to Carly - Day 11 April 9, 2005

We got up at the crack of dawn this morning, finished packing, grabbed a quick breakfast, and boarded the bus to head to the Nanning airport for our flight to Guangzhou. I think all of the parents were a little nervous about what the babies would do on the flight. We worried for nothing, because they all did just great! Our flight left Nanning right on time, and landed in Guangzhou a little early. We took a bus to the White Swan but had to wait a couple of hours before our room was ready for us to occupy, so guess what we did? We went shopping!!!! Carly was sacked out in the Snugli and we never heard a peep from her. She got her first pair of squeaky shoes and I've scoped out all the stores so I know where to go back to buy more!!

We got into our room around 2:30 this afternoon. This hotel is beautiful and very worthy of its 5 star rating!!! Both my Dad and I said, "Ahhhhhh, at last!!! Luxury!!!" Quite a welcome change from the hotel in Nanning where we spent most of the last week. We have a view of the river and at night, it almost looks like we are looking out to the Vegas strip.

We had a very early start this morning, so I'll be heading to bed as soon as I get Carly to sleep ... pathetic, I know, but at least I'll be ready to go tomorrow!!! More shopping is on the agenda. Oh, and did I mention ... Carly LOVES to shop!!! We went out for a bit after dinner and she was wide awake and loving all the activity in the stores and on the street.

Goodnight from Guangzhou!!!


Part of our group at the Nanning airport:


In the lobby of the White Swan Hotel in Guangzhou - waiting for our rooms to be ready:


Jade sculpture in the lobby. We could tell immediately that this hotel was worth every one of the 5 stars in its rating! Luxury at last! :o)

Waterfall in the lobby:

No comments: