Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lazy Dayz in Marco


"The flip flop girls" enjoyed a leisurely, lazy, lounging day today. I took my morning walk (which is more like an 'almost run' - LOL) down to the last building and back, along with the fierce wind and chilly temperatures. Darn it, Hurricane Ida! I thought for sure the sun was gonna pop out for us, but it went in and out of clouds ALL DAY LONG. And instead of getting warmer, it got cooler as the day went on. So, we made the most of the situation and just hung around the condo watching movies (Mama Mia! and Twilight), various TV shows, and playing on our laptops (which is a luxury in itself since we don't typically have time to do these things in our 'real lives' - LOL). We ventured out for a walk late this afternoon and are now settling down to watch Flash Forward, Grey's Anatomy, and Private Practice. We head home tomorrow . . . and as usual, our departure brings mixed feelings. This week is just such a treasured time away for all of us -- let me tell you, a break from the usual stress, chaos, and hustle & bustle does a busy mom sooooooo much good. So, THANK YOU honey, for letting me escape on this trip year after year after year, and THANK YOU mom and dad, for opening the condo (my favorite little slice of paradise) to me and my friends. :o)

Already looking forward to next year's Flip Flop Girls Great Escape -- 365 days and counting.


No comments: