Sunday, February 15, 2009

Birthday Girl!

Carly turned the big "5" on February 12. Happy Birthday to her!!! Yes, the cake was decorated by a local bakery to her exact specifications. LOL. Her request was for the two of us (per Carly - the mommy needs to have yellow hair and the little girl needs to have dark brown hair) to be on the beach, looking for sea shells, with the water in the distance. I think they did a pretty good job, huh? We celebrated the big day in style, with a family dinner at Noodles & Co (her choice), and then back to our house for cake and ice cream with the grandparents. Oh, and we can't forget the most exciting part of the day . . . PRESENTS! She raked in quite a haul, including various stuffed animal toys, a couple of Barbie things, Littlest Pet Shop figures, and . . . drum roll please . . . the Barbie Jammin' Jeep, which she has wanted "forever - all my life" as she says. :o) It was quite a festive day, and I must say we have quite a BIG GIRL on our hands now. She keeps reminding us that she is "5 now" and will be going to Kindergarten soon. Can someone please tell me where the last 4 years have gone??? Honestly, it seems like just yesterday that I held her in my arms for the first time. And then I blinked my eyes and here we are with a 5 year old. Sigh!

Here are a couple of photos of the very proud birthday girl:




Happy Birthday to our precious Carly! We love you with all our hearts!

No comments: