Friday, December 26, 2008

Holiday Memories - 2008

Braved the brutal central Illinois winter weather, just days before Christmas --- CHECK!







Baked and decorated 9 dozen cookies --- CHECK!





Had a wonderful and festive Christmas Eve --- CHECK!






Santa visited our house and granted everyone's wishes --- CHECK! . . . and if you're thinking that the left side of the tree looks a little more 'heavily loaded' than the right, you also must know that Alex & Nick DID get that drum set they were wishing for ..... so this photo isn't a true representation of their Christmas haul . . . :o)




And, last but not least, hosted the annual Christmas Day celebration with the Miller side of the family --- CHECK! (Sorry, but I was too busy in the kitchen to snap photos -- darn it!) We had a great time - ate way too much food, opened even more gifts, and then settled in for some good old fashioned game playing and catch up time with all the siblings/in-laws and cousins. The day is never quite long enough and we're always sad to see it come to an end.

And, before we know it, the Christmas season comes to a close. I do love this time of the year -- all the anticipation, hype, stress, and happiness -- but I also look forward to the start of another new year -- new beginnings, new resolutions, new adventures. Being the achievement-oriented person that I am, my immediate quest is to get all the Christmas decorations put away. And for those of you who've seen our house this time of the year, you know that putting everything away is no small task. :o) We'll see how long it takes me to meet that goal . . . I'm typically done before New Year's, so . . . I think I best get started soon.

Once again, Happy Holidays to everyone! Best wishes for a wonderful 2009!




No comments: