Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Ho Ho Ho! Tis the season!!! This time of year is always so festive ... so exciting ... so full of anticipation ... so busy ... so hectic ... so exhausting! LOL. We're slowly getting ready for the holidays around here -- the decorations are up, the kids are excited . . . but only a FEW presents have been bought so far! I do this to myself year after year --- and each time I ask myself WHY do I procrastinate with the Christmas shopping? Thankfully, I'm taking a day off later this week and will shop all day with a dear friend. Maybe she will inspire me to get going on those Christmas lists! Carly is starting to get worried -- she even cornered me this past weekend up in her room with a notebook and pen and asked me to PLEASE write her list down on paper. She then promptly gave it to our Elf on a Shelf in the hopes that he would deliver it to Santa on one of his nightly trips back to the North Pole. She was thrilled when she got up on Sunday morning and found that Mr. Elf had indeed moved to a new location in our house (if you're familiar with the Elf on a Shelf tradition, you'll know what I mean) and ... the list we made was GONE! She is convinced now that Santa has what he needs in order to fulfill at least some of her many wishes. The boys have one item on their lists this year --- a drum set. Yes, a REAL drum set. Seems as though all the time they've spent playing Rock Band and Guitar Hero in the last year has inspired some (until now) hidden musical interests in each of them. We shall see what Santa does about that wish . . .

As for our remaining holiday festivities, we'll be getting our live, flocked tree for the basement hopefully this weekend (which will bring our tree total to SIX - smile), we'll be decorating Christmas cookies and, if my patience holds out, we'll also be making a gingerbread house. :o) And, I have yet to make the first batch of homemade caramels, which is a BIG tradition in our family. I guess the fact that I haven't yet made any isn't all bad -- how good for you can a bunch of cream, milk, sugar, and corn syrup be, anyway? NOT! And, considering the fact that Mike and I are going on a cruise at the end of January (Merry Christmas to us!), well . . . I really need to stay away from some of the many Christmas goodies! And that is OH SO HARD for me because I dearly love sweets. All of them! LOL.

I hope you all are enjoying this wonderful time of the year. As I remind myself daily . . . always remember the "reason for the season"! Happy Holidays to all!

1 comment:

Matt and Wendy said...

Six Christmas Trees? You and Wendy are way too alike. She insists on having a tree in each window which brings our tree total to nine but also makes our house look like it's on fire. Too funny. Hope you guys have a great Christmas!

Matt