Thursday, January 7, 2010

Oh The Weather Outside Is Frightful!

We have a SNOW DAY! The kids have no school, thanks to the ... hmmmm I don't know ... maybe 7 inches or so (?) of snow that blanketed our area last night. They were, of course, THRILLED. State Farm opened late today, but I opted to work from home instead. I'm much happier tucked away in my cozy home office with my feet in fuzzy slippers than I would be if I had to brave the elements on this perfectly nasty winter day. The sun is just starting to come out, so the snow is finally tapering off ... but the winds are also picking up, so I'm sure we will soon have blowing and drifting snow along with VERY cold temperatures.

Against my better judgment, Alex and Nick ventured out to one of the big hills here in town for some sledding fun this afternoon. Carly was NOT happy that she wasn't included ... but I told her "No way - it's too cold out there for Mommy!" So, I definitely owe her a sledding day yet this winter. :o) Maybe when it is like 25 degrees warmer ..... LOL.




Wishing you all a steaming cup of hot cocoa, a crackling fire in the fireplace, and a good movie to watch!!!





No comments: