Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Holidays ...



Is it just me, or does the holiday season seem like it is moving in 'fast forward'? I swear the days and weeks race by more and more quickly with each passing year. (Sigh....) I do love this time of the year -- I just wish the festive season could last a tad bit longer! Then again, I must admit that I am perhaps the world's BIGGEST freak when it comes to "taking Christmas down" ... once Christmas Day is behind us, I struggle mightily with the urge to take all holiday decorations down and pack them away for yet another year ..... I guess it is just my way of dealing with the fact that "it's over". :o) So yes, you guessed it -- that's what I spent the majority of today doing -- taking down all signs of Christmas so we can start the New Year off fresh and clean (well, "fresh", anyway ... this house is FAR from being "clean"! ha). It feels pretty good to have that NOT small task behind me already ..... I literally start dreading it the day after I put everything up! LOL!

Wanted to share a couple of pictures from Christmas Eve ... and also report in that we had a WONDERFUL Christmas -- we celebrated with both sides of the family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and enjoyed each and every moment. Santa was good to all of us, which was an added bonus. :o) Here's a rundown of the biggest hits:

Sony Reader - from Santa to Michelle
iPod Touch X 2 - from Oma/Pappy to Alex & Nick
DJ Hero - from Santa to Alex & Nick
Zhu Zhu Pets + accessories - from Santa to Carly
iPod Touch - from Santa to Mike

Hope you all had a festive and merry Christmas!!! Here's to a Happy New Year!



No comments: