Monday, July 20, 2009

Fun Times . . . Great Friends

We had a wonderful day this past Friday as we spent some quality time with very dear friends. Nick, Carly, and I headed about 60 miles south of here to Mt. Zion to visit the Schmidt family and see their new home. Fortunately for us, we enjoyed a 'mini China travel group reunion' as a couple of Carly's orphanage sisters were also there for the day (Anna Schmidt, Kailee Martin and Myah Wright)! Karli Blevins (who was adopted from a different province a few months after we adopted Carly) also joined in the fun. Some pictures of our beautiful China girls:




Playing in the hammock:

Popsicle time by the playhouse:

Playing princess dress up:


Many thanks to Jen for opening her home to all of us for the day! I don't think it will ever be the same again. I say that only half joking because midway through the day, Jen sent Robin and me (is she brave or what?!) to Hobby Lobby to shop for "things" to decorate her kitchen and family room with. Now let me tell you -- THAT was fun! I have found that I do *love* to spend other people's money! LOL! Anyway, we made quite a haul in the 80% off aisle, came home, kicked Jen out of the house, and Robin and I went to work to add our "special touch" to her beautiful new kitchen. Thankfully she liked what we did to it, so it was a win/win all the way around!

What a great way to spend the day! I rounded my clan up around 8pm and we headed back home with two VERY tired, but very happy kiddos in tow. I continue to marvel at the strong natural bond these girls seem to have -- it truly is like they are kindred spirits in so many ways. Carly just absolutely beams when she gets to spend time with her "China friends". And what is also heartwarming are the wonderful friendships that have formed (parents AND siblings) all as a result of our girls.

Here's to Fun Times and Great Friends! Cheers!











No comments: